Bypasslines Delivery Services Privacy Statement
This Driver Privacy Statement was last updated on August 5, 2020.
This is the Bypasslines Delivery Services Privacy Statement (hereinafter referred to as the “Driver Privacy Statement”) for the Delivery Program and use of the Bypasslines App. You are contracting as an independent contractor with Bypasslines, LLC. (“BPL”) As an independent contractor you may deliver merchandise to customers of Merchants using the Bypasslines App and Bypasslines Online Portal. Please review this Driver Privacy Statement carefully.
Your personal information will be collected as part of the onboarding process with BPL and the activities you undertake as an independent contractor in the Delivery Program. This Driver Privacy Statement explains how your personal information will be used as part of the Delivery Program and use of the Bypasslines App. By providing services as a part of the Delivery Program and using the Bypasslines App, you are consenting to this Driver Privacy Statement and all its terms.
- Your Information
- Driver Registration Information. Independent contractors, who provide services pursuant to the Delivery Program, must provide BPL with personal information to complete your registration and deliver items to customers. Registration information that may be collected from you includes, but is not limited to, your name, contact information, date of birth, physical address, Social Security number, driver’s license information, driving record, vehicle information, vehicle insurance information, and business license or permitting information. This information may be shared with service partners, including Bypasslines, who help manage the Delivery Program.
- Payment Information. Information about your bank routing numbers, tax information, and other payment information provided by you may be collected in order to compensate you for your services.
- Location Information. Your location will be tracked with the Bypasslines App, which is a required use as a participant in the Delivery Program, on your mobile device, is running, regardless of whether it is running in the foreground or background. If you label certain locations, such as “home” and “work,” that information may also be collected. Aside from using the location information to track deliveries, this information may also be used to conduct logistical and business analytics. If you give us permission through your device settings, or the Bypasslines app, Bypasslines may collect location data while the app is off in order to communicate available deliveries to you and conduct analytics designed to improve the Delivery Program.
- Device Information.In order to effectively send and receive information through the Bypasslines App or Bypasslines online, Bypasslines must receive information about your mobile device. This can include IP addresses, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens, and, if you register from a social media account, an identifier related to that account. Bypasslines may also collect mobile sensor data from your mobile device to improve location accuracy. This information may be shared with third party partners that support the Bypasslines App and Bypasslines online.
- Usage Information. To help make improvements to the Bypasslines App and Bypasslines online, information about your interactions with the app, like the pages or other content you view while the app is open, the actions you take within the app itself, and the dates and times you opened the app will be collected. This information may be shared with third party partners that support the Bypasslines App and Bypasslines online.
- Call and Text Information.When you choose to accept a delivery order, Bypasslines may interact with you through telephone, SMS text messages, push notifications and emails in order to facilitate the accurate and timely delivery of the order. As part of that process, information will be collected about these communications including the date and time of the call, push notification, SMS message or emails, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages and push notifications or emails. For security purposes, Bypasslines may also monitor and/or record the contents of phone calls or SMS messages or emails that are made to, or from, Bypasslines related to a delivery order. By registering with the Delivery Program, you are expressly consenting to receive SMS text messages and push notifications and emails from Bypasslines as part of the Program.
- Background Information on Drivers.Third party partners perform driving record and criminal background checks on independent contractors that apply with BPL to provide services through the Delivery Program. Bypasslines will receive information from them such as publicly available information about an independent contractor driver’s driving record or criminal history.
- How Bypasslines Will Use Your Information
Any information you consent to Bypasslines obtaining may be used to operate and improve the Delivery Program. Such uses may include, but may not be limited to, the following activities:
- To display available deliveries to independent contractors;
- To update applicants on the status of an independent contractor registration;
- To notify independent contractors about delivery demand and compensation;
- To calculate auto insurance policies and analyzing usage patterns for safety and insurance purposes;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Delivery Program;
- Analyze how the driver community uses the Delivery app and Bypasslines online;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our third party partners;
- Send you text messages and push notifications and emails;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide you with support;
- Find and prevent potential fraudulent activities; and
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes regarding deliveries, and requests from government authorities.
- Other Limited Sharing Situations
There may be limited situations, outside the normal course of business, where Bypasslines needs to share information with the Bypasslines family of companies, or unaffiliated third parties. Such situations might include, but may not be limited to:
- If there is a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
- If a law enforcement official or government authority requests information and Bypasslines reasonably believe that disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- If the information is necessary to comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures;
- If the information is relevant to an accident involving a driver, and insurance providers request such information;
- To provide information about the use of the Delivery Program to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- At the direction of you or the provider of a Permissive Service offer, to facilitate the delivery of information to the provider of a Permissive Service; and
- Any other situation where such information is necessary to ensure the effective operation of the Delivery Program (in which case such information will be limited to the minimum amount and type of information that is reasonably necessary to accomplish such operations).
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us using the contact details provided through the firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.